I was raised to wait…
- at a babysitter’s on Long Island for my parents to come home.
- in the St. John’s University parking lot for my dad to get out of his MBA night classes.
- in the principal’s office after class for my mom to finish her work so we could start our long journey home.
- staring at the sky in a Honda Accord hatchback parked in Jamaica, Queens for my dad to emerge from the subway.
In Kailua there are days that I’m waiting again. Elements of my comfort:
- 12PM Little House on the Prairie
- 2PM Beverly Hills 90210
- a couch, a pillow, a blanket
- peanut butter and jelly
- chicken noodle soup
- fruit cups
- jon and kate plus 8 on dvr